We are working in exclusive partnership with one of Australia's fastest growing FinTech businesses, Prezzee, looking to recruit an experienced DevOps Engineer for their team.
Prezzee is a digital gift card business and Australia’s largest eGift Card marketplace, rapidly expanding globally.
Our business is built around three core products, namely:
- Prezzee Classic – our B2C solution that makes everyday gifting fun, easy and convenient!
- Prezzee Business – our B2B solution that allows businesses to send gift cards in bulk to staff and clients.
- Prezzee Marketplace – our integrated ‘white labeled’ gift card delivery solution where we fulfil orders for other acquiring channels.
Prezzee currently comprises a team of over 45 professionals servicing and supporting our hero product, the proprietary Prezzee Smart e-Gift Card. With this card, you can access over 130 Australian retailers like Myer, David Jones, Bunnings, Coles, The Iconic, and more. We also offer gift cards for use in the USA, NZ, and the UK. Our clients include major buy now pay later operators like Zip and Afterpay as well as corporates like QBE, HSBC, Coca-Cola Amatil, and the like. Whilst Prezzee’s original purpose was to make the giving of a gift card ‘easy’ we now see ourselves as a payment solution.
Prezzee is looking to appoint an experienced DevOps Engineer to work with our Head of Infrastructure, developers and the Tech team to oversee releases, manage our development pipeline tools and configure and automate our infrastructure and operations processes.
It’s an exciting tech stack encompassing many AWS services, containerisation, infrastructure as code and security tools and spans multiple regions globally. There is a lot of scope to refine existing skills, develop new ones and contribute to our infrastructure roadmap and strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the role will be instrumental in fulfilling the company’s FY21-23 strategic ambitions, one that is looking to disrupt the gift card and payments market globally. Prezzee was recognised as the 5th fastest growing technology company in Australia and the 55th fastest in the Asia Pacific region.
As a DevOps Engineer, it will be your role to increase ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity with stability and security; evolving and improving products using contemporary software development and infrastructure management processes to enable us as we continue to grow. What you will do at Prezzee: Infrastructure Management
- Be a key part of the team responsible for the implementation and management of Prezzee's AWS-based infrastructure (security, networking, compute, data, etc.).
- Work closely with developers to improve continuous integration and deployment systems.
- Continuously look for ways to automate our operations and infrastructure to increase resilience, security, maintainability and efficiency.
- Propose and investigate solutions to improve our systems and processes by running small experiments and proof of concepts.
- Collaborate with the rest of the tech team in defining the overall architecture of the platform and establishing a roadmap focused on delivering tangible value.
- Manage our releases, working with developers to ensure releases are successful and we continuously improve in how we bring new features to market.
- Manage our monitoring solution (Datadog) to facilitate infrastructure, application and service level monitoring and alerting.
- Maintain our configuration management system (Ansible).
- Deploy, patch, and manage Prezzee's self-managed tools (Metabase, Jenkins).
- Manage and configure various SAAS systems (including Stripe, Mailgun, Atlassian, Telesign, Xero, Sonar).
- Be part of the team responding to monitoring alerts and escalations outside business hours as part of a roster.
On the Technical side, you have:
- You enjoy learning new skills and challenging yourself by researching and experimenting with new services and techniques.
- You’re a great communicator, who leads with empathy and takes people on the journey with respect and collaboration.
- You can explain pros and cons of technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- When you see a problem you jump in to offer solutions and see where you can help.
- In terms of DevOps, you know what good looks like and you strive to be best-in-class.
- You have a sense of urgency and genuinely see Prezzee maintaining its market leadership and position of first mover advantage.
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision.
- You thrive in growth businesses – you understand the growth agenda and are able to move at pace to achieve ambitious growth plans and objectives.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where systems and processes have not been fully developed yet and are ready to be part of defining and implementing them.
- You want to help build a global business knowing this will involve, at times, long hours, much travel, lots of discussions and debates, being challenged and challenging back.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure.
- You get things done - you understand the need to achieve both company and personal goals even when they may not align from time to time.
- You actively promote and support a safe, healthy and secure workplace for yourself, your co- workers, team and any other person at the workplace. You comply with all work health and safety laws and regulations and the Company’s work health and safety practices and procedures.
- A Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or commensurate commercial experience.
- Extensive professional experience as DevOps/SysAdmin.
- Expert in (at least) one scripting language, e.g. python, ruby, (ba)sh, perl.
- Strong experience with AWS Multi-Account architectures and the Well Architected Framework.
- Strong experience with a range of AWS Services including security, networking, infrastructure and data management.
- Strong experience with automation technologies such as Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Experience with containerisation (Fargate, ECS, Docker would be an advantage).
- Experience administering and configuring release management and deployment automation tools (Jenkins would be an advantage).
- Experience with infrastructure, Logfile and APM monitoring tools (DataDog would be a bonus).
- Experience with SQL DBs (Postgres would be a plus).
- Exposure to security practices and detection / prevention services and architectures.
- Practical experience working in agile environments.
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn. Some extra goodies
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back)
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPI’s
- Generous employee referral program and staff discounts
- Our office has a fully equipped kitchen (you are welcome to cook for the entire team whenever you want) as well as end of trip facilities for those of you that like to exercise or ride to/from work
Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm. Health, safety, and wellbeing is important too – it always comes first. So whilst we prefer to be connected and have our people work on-site, we work hard to support Covid-19 safe work practices, also accommodating the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.