A permanent Buyer/Category Manager opportunity based on the Northern Beaches for a multi-channel retailer in a branded environment
- Working on a multi-category department in Beauty & Cosmetics
- Reporting into the General Manager, with full ownership of the department
- Based on the North Shore, with onsite car parking and lots of onsite facilities
Role & responsibilities:
Reporting into the General Manager, the Category Manager will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management across the multi-category Skincare / Cosmetics business.
Full ownership and budget management, trading the department end-to-end, determining the brand mix, assortment plans and marketing activity. On boarding new brands and maximising the relationships with external brand partners.
In a true Category Manager role, the successful applicant will also be responsible for overall order and supplier/vendor management, with support of a Junior Buyer in raising purchase orders and tracking delivery with suppliers; analysing sales to track product performance, sample management for promotional campaigns, working closely with other departments including finance, marketing and production.
Experience required for the role:
- Previous experience as a Buyer, Brand Manager or Category Manager with exposure to Beauty, Skincare and/or Cosmetics
- A passion for Beauty and Cosmetics with a strong sense of commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills, as the role will be dealing with and managing suppliers/vendors
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills with internal stakeholders, working closely with production and marketing, and finance departments
- Strong administrative skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while maintaining high work standards
On offer to the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary and package with regular bonus incentive opportunities
- Training and development opportunities
- Onsite cafe/restaurant and parking facilities
- Staff discount and other staff perks
Due to the high number of applications, only successfully short-listed candidates will be contacted.