Based in QLD our client offer a supportive dynamic culture where you will be given the opportunity to mentor a small team to deliver product that is sold internationally.
So if you are looking for an exciting role partnered with an interstate role then read on.....
Our client offer a distinguished portfolio of accessories brands which are designed in Australia and sold globally. This is an exciting time for the business as they are seeking to appoint a new design manager for one of their leading brands.
We are seeking an experienced candidate who has a proven history within fashion either within accessories or surf / streetwear.
This is a hands on role so you will be not only be leading the direction of the range, managing a direct report but also conducting data analysis, designing product and doing tech packs.
They need somebody who is capable of taking ownership of this journey and delivering a new offering for this brands customer.
Job tasks and responsibilities
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Working with the creative Director to implement strategy across the range
- To manage and lead the design team and technical teams to deliver commercial, quality range
- Maintain high quality design standards
- Monitor sales reports – for style, colour and fabrication
- Manufacturer liaison and rationalisation to ensure on time on quality ranges
- Liaise with all members of the team to ensure brand co-ordination
- Involvement in marketing, visual merchandising and branding
- A superior knowledge of design and construction
- Experience designing on trend accessories or surfwear
- Industry experience in a senior design or design managers role - leading a brand creatively
- Diploma or Degree in Design or related field
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with suppliers and people at all levels within the business
If you are seeking a challenging role in a company that is progressive in their growth, highly creative, true to their brands and nurture their team then this business and role could be the perfect match for you!
This is a chance to use your finely tuned design skills in a rewarding and challenging role. Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with an excellent salary. Interested? To register your interest please attach your resume, as well as folio examples of your work, including hand sketches, illustration, trend boards, finished products etc…
Please contact JIVARO:
For a full list of current positions please visit: